Sunday, April 13, 2008

2,008 Naked People

Contemporary artist Spencer Tunick from Brooklyn, NY (my hometown!) gained fame for photographing lots of people in the nude - by lots, I mean thousands. Now he plans to pack a Vienna soccer stadium with 2,008 naked people for the Euro 2008 tournament. Austria took a liking to the idea. They are actually going to offer free travel expense to the first 2,008 people who wants to participate on May 11.

It would be a pretty easy way to get a free trip to Austria, but do I really want to be packed with 2,007 other naked people? Might be a little gross. Especially since Spencer Tunick sometimes poses people in positions where you might be smelling the other person's crotch or butt.

Here's some of his work:





3 comments:

ShinyAdornments said...

Wow. I always wondered when I saw his work how he managed to round up so many strangers willing to all get naked together.

hmmmm

Danelle (Indie Game Lover) said...

That is crazy! I could never but its awsome

Unknown said...

I too wondered where he found SO MANY people to participate!

Amazing.