Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oh, Hello There

A few months ago, I decided to try my hands on Cafe Press with one of my designs. The design is my favorite creation so far, the ever so quirky Monkey Shake. Without any real marketing tactics, largely due to laziness, I uploaded the image and plastered it on all available items Cafe Press offers. A few months later, I felt like amusing myself by logging on to see if I sold one teeny item -I did, and then some.

To my surprise, I actually sold a few shirts and even a pair of boxer shorts. I know, not a big deal but it makes me giggle that a few people out there likes my monkey. The most popular one seems to be this yellow shirt that happens to compliment my monkey's butt very well:




I already have a lineup of cute critters going, just working on some background designs and will try out some variety.

I'm also looking into Zazzle - anyone has any experience with that site? How does it compare with Cafe Press?

I really would love to get back on Etsy, which previously did well for me. Maybe I need to pair up with an indie shirt manufacture shop. Ideas, ideas.

I'm also working on some simpler designs, so I can make some stuffed felt dolls - should be an adventure!

0 comments: