Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heath Ledger Passed Away



I normally don't care for celebrity deaths, but was surprised to hear that Heath Ledger passed away in his Manhattan apartment today at SoHo (near where I work!). According to New York Times and other news sources, he was found with pills near his body. (This, I'm not surprised)

The only reason why I'm surprised by his death is that this was so unexpected, especially since he had only good things coming to him with the Batman release, The Dark Knight, coming up. He's a star now, but that Joker role would've propelled him to superstardom. I'm a huge Batman fan and has been waiting forever for this movie to come out. When I heard that Heath Ledger was going to play the infamous Joker, I had my reservations (because who can beat Jack Nicholson? He was genius as the Joker.) But with more and more viral marketing and clips, I was becoming more and more convinced that Heath Ledger was able to fill the Joker's shoes.

But I didn't doubt that he was a good actor, especially after Brokeback Mountain. This is sad and surprising news indeed, and so, at only 28 years of age, another young actor is gone.

2 comments:

Pinepple Princess Beads said...

I in shock too :( I loved him in batman.

Unknown said...

I agree.
It's a total shame.