Monday, February 11, 2008

Herbie Hancock Surprise at Grammy's 08

I know everyone is surprised that Herbie Hancock won Best Album of the Year with "River: The Joni Letters," beating out the 2 favorites, Kanye West and Amy Winehouse. But I don't think it should be such a shock. Both Kanye West and Amy Winehouse did have great albums and great record sales, but the Grammy's is not about who put up the best numbers, it should be about musicianship. Not to take anything away from West or Winehouse who did a great job with their respective albums, but Hancock is definitely the better musician comparing to them both and I think he deserved the win.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree...He was just bubbling and glowing back stage.

I was glad for him.
I personally am not a fan of his but I greatly respect him and his music.