Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Dealing with Ignorance

Hi everyone! Sorry we haven't been blogging of late. It's the holiday so as you can imagine, we've been very busy!

Now, I don't like to air out personal issues in our public blog. But this is an exception. The real reason why we haven't blog is because I recently received a racist hate message and have been dealing with that since - yes that's right, an ignorant filled message about how Asians should be killed and how we eat cats and how we need to get back on our raft and leave. But the way the message was written, it wasn't some random racist attacking me, it was someone I know (from the way they described how I look like, to how she talked about my two cats, etc).

Usually the best way to handle these people is do not give them the satisfaction. But I had an idea who it was so I replied and defended Asians and myself, trying to provoke this person and get more info out of her. And as expected, she started revealing more and more of her personality each time she replies. Little did she know, while she's busy replying, I tracked down her IP address and is able to trace to the region she was at. And as I suspected, it was my bf's ex (I didn't know anyone else who lives in that region, so it was obvious.)

I've always suspected that when my bf and I started dating, she probably thought she had a chance to go back to him. They were already broken up, my bf was ready to move on, but she was trying to find every excuse in the book to see him. It was getting tiring. But as soon as my bf and I established that we were a couple, she saw she had no chance and finally moved out of state to live with her family.

But then the real trouble starts. She's obsessed! She won't leave my bf alone. When she moved out of state, she "accidently" took my bf's tax forms and bank records with her....And then the unspeakable, she got into my bf's paypal and took $1,000 from him. To this date he has yet to get it back. So when I started getting these racist hate messages, I knew it had to be her. I'm a generally easy-going person, I didn't think I can cause such hatred in anyone... except for a jealous ex.

Whatever the motives were, pulling the race card is a new low.

I sincerely hope that she can somehow move on with her life.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh WoW~
SORRY to hear that this has happened to you.
:(
It STILL shocks me when I hear and see things like this.
I'm a Japanese American and years ago (10+) some guy cut me off in his truck driving onto an on ramp and I hear him yell, "...stupid chink?!" I was TOTALLY BESIDE MYSELF!
Ignorance is ridiculous...I agree, there is so much more in life. I guess if anything I'd feel sorry for someone that. Obviously she is SO DEEPLY Unhappy and unfulfilled with her life that she feels the need to try and put hate in yours.
AH, leave the negativity and enjoy ALL THE LOVE in your life!
...and on that note,
Thank You for having such an enjoyable blog for people like me to read!
:D
:D